Translate

SUNDAY FOREVER: Birthday Letter to Gil 20190224


Hi Gil,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Unfortunately, I’ve never got to celebrate any of your birthdays together before, and now you’re forever gone to another world. However, I feel honored and glad to do it in my own way this year on February 24th, 2019. I thought I’d write you a mail to express my best wishes and tell you how your family and I have missed you.

How are you doing in that different dimension or another beautiful world?
To be honest, I never really thought where we human beings might go after this life until my cousin and you both unexpectedly passed away last year. That got me thinking a lot about the enigma and magnificence of life. I hope you are doing great there, finding your own joy and serenity in everyday blessing. In my mind, you are always a kind soul full of passion, original ideas, and very sensitive about what’s going on around you, but you were also struggling with and somehow lost when it comes to dealing with your own ego, life happenings and finding your life purpose in the crazy world we’re still in right now. 

Thank you for having been a part of my life and for generously sharing your love and life experiences with me and everyone. As a fellow Pisces, I totally resonate how terrified and vulnerable you could have been when you were constantly trying to have stronger faith in life and courageously opened your heart and soul to people and the world. Thank you for those short yet wonderful memories we shared together. Life isn’t good or bad; it just is.  

I’d love to share with you 2 excerpts from one of my favorite poems, “Auguries of Innocence” by William Blake. Nothing special. I just think you might like what the poem depicts. And idk… maybe when I typed the poem on my laptop, I thought of that on one sunny, but chilly fall/winter day, you, Assaf and I lighted up a campfire in his yard and we talked and talked, surrounded by the infinite nature and coldness. Do you remember that day? I still do. 😉😊 Anyway, please enjoy it and 生日快樂 (sheng ri kuai le, that’s how you pronounce “Happy Birthday” in Chinese)!





“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour”

“Man was made for Joy & Woe
And when this we rightly know
Thro the World we safely go
Joy & Woe are woven fine
A Clothing for the soul divine
Under every grief & pine
Runs a joy with silken twine”


Lots of love & big hugs, Hsiao-Wen (Angel)
FEB 24, 2019 from Taiwan


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

#TBT懷舊星期四精選: 放手終結過往憂傷&勇敢迎向未來

SUNDAY FOREVER: 生活雜記 20200823

FEEL-LOVE WEDNESDAY: 激勵士氣第一! 迪士尼卡通最棒的42則生活名言